10 Feb 2013

Stroke 55 - Renault 5




Another important model of the automobile industry here in 3d strokes.

The five and a half million sold justify by itself the dedication, but there is more to this car that deserves mention.

For example, the integral bumpers of plastics material were not a seen solution, except in the Porsche 911, as well as the rear lights in vertical position and at a high level, which only much later became common.

They are great little details that so surprising appear in a car of this category.

But let's get to SketchUp, and images used in the modulation:


For texture, I did not find as quality photos for this purpose, so I used a 1:18 scale model of an enthusiastic Portuguese property:


The base modulation:


And the final effect with textures:


The photomontage joins two French icons.


The video shows the complete job.


And the "photo-blueprint" of the final model.

5 comments:

  1. It is a real car dimension CAD?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, it is a 3D model in SketchUp, full scale

      Delete
    2. Hello could I purchase the model you have created? I'm am incredibly impressed!!

      Delete
    3. Hello Charles, I will soon make available in the my 3d warehouse, for download, and notice you. Thanks for the comment.
      In my 3d warewhouse are some other cars you may wont: https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/by/pinceladas3d

      Delete
  2. Could I purchase this model? You have done a terrific job!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete